What did he/she mean by that? Have you ever been walking down the street, glanced at someone and they just kept looking forward pretending not to see you? Have you ever just been gazing around and noticed someone looking intently at you?
Yes you have, and so have I. There is a lot of subconscious thought that goes behind each of those thoughts. Here are some examples:
1. Guy walks by and looks at girl, girl fidgets a bit and looks intentionally forward: maybe she didn’t notice the guy, but most likely she did. You can just tell. Nobody looks straight ahead for that long without blinking. I’d say almost all of the time, unless we’re in a rush, we notice people that smile at us when we are walking by them. So why doesn’t the girl look back. Well, I dunno. But one likely reason is that she is worried. She is worried about how the guy will interpret that look, and what might come next…. Don’t worry! We’re just smiling!
2. Guy walks by and smiles, girl smiles back: She’s just being nice. Even if you pretend she is doing more, and you approach her, she likely will just pretend that she was “just being nice.” Best move: Smile back, and hope you meet her again.
3. Guy walks by and gawks at girl: Guy is just being an asshole. Ignore him. 🙂
4. Guy walks by and looks straight ahead. Girl looks at guy. OMG. This is a rare occasion. If the guy notices he is happy. Last time this happened to him was when little cindy asked him to dance in the 3rd grade. If he doesn’t notice, and the girl did it intentionally then the girl is probably a little upset. Why didn’t he notice? Jeez. I was just trying to be nice. Guys fault this time.
5. Guy and girl walk by each other, neither of them look at each other. Neither of them smile. Maybe they are both busy, but they might have just missed their chance. So smile next time, and hope to meet them again. 🙂